The MNRF is reminding gardeners and those enjoying the outdoors to be on the lookout for invasive plant life.  Hogweed has been found in the area previously, the MNRF says not only are they destructive to other plant life but are incredibly toxic as well.  It’s best known for its striking appearance; large stalks can grow over ten feet tall and have large, white flower clusters at the top of the plant.  The MNRF says contact with it can cause burns, blisters, severe skin irritation and, in extreme cases, sensitivity to sunlight which can last for years.

Hogweed