The tenant whose duplex apartment in an old Abitibi house in Iroquois Falls this past Friday is trying not to start over from scratch.  But Kyle Lund does need the community’s help, as he tries to salvage what he can for himself and his three-year-old son, Keegan.

A cause for the Anson Drive fire hasn’t been pinpointed yet, although it did originate in the basement and climbed to the living room and kitchen.

Lund was not insured.  He says people have already donated clothing for him, and he’ll use a gift card to outfit Keegan.

Because of smoke and water damage, however, he’s going to need some appliances.

Kyle Lund needs 1 “I’m going to need a fridge, washer, dryer, a mattress, queen sized preferably because I managed to salvage the box spring and the frame.

“It was just like smoke damage done to my stove. So we’re cleaning that and trying to salvage it.  But the fridge, the electrical cord and everything got melted and burnt on the fridge, so we couldn’t save that.”

He’s trying to salvage Keegan’s twin bed, and needs toys for him.

Kyle and Keegan Lund.
Photo credit: Kyle Lund

To help the Lunds, drop off donations at 359 Nosov Drive (Kyle’s grandmother’s home) or call 705-232-4598; or Kyle Lund at 705-274-4454